Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Trapped

Trapped - trapped by our consumer-frenzy lifestyle which cannot do without the credit card-fueled trappings of urban life. Trapped by the uncertainties inherent in dropping out of the system. Not so much trapped by what society would say - no longer quite so concerned about the name and fame.

I get the knot in the stomach whenever I think about these things - the knot which is two steps away from watery eyes. It is not fair. Oh no. The Floyd, or more precisely, Waters talks about being "shown how to feel good and told to feel bad".

I drive myself totally mentally motionless with the rushing around of the ever decreasing spiral of thoughts - I want to get out of this lifestyle, but if I do, how the hell am I going to pay for the feeding and clothing of children (let alone their schooling and what have you)? I want a new car: where the fuck are the payments going to come from if I quit the life?

Unlimited wants and limited resources - every economist's bread and butter.

Except that my wants are not unreasonably unlimited. At least I don't think they are.

No comments: