Friday, July 21, 2006

Dead characters - spoilers!

K - don't read this I write about stuff that happens in the Half Blood Prince...

Yeah, so I am probably the only guy in the world currently recovering from the double whammy of losing Dumbledore and Boone all in the same week.

Dumbledore left us this week because I'm buggered if I am going to pay Ms. Rowling's price for a hardback and the paperback has only just come out, and he was quickly followed by Boone, because we have only just got to that bit of the first season, and only because they have been playing one episode every night for about ten days.

So living in the back of beyond... it sort of means I get hit with the emotions later than the rest of the world, despite globalisation's best efforts to make us all eat drink and shit at the same time and in the same way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I can't believe we didn't talk about Lost last night. I almost brought it up, and then I thought that as you hadn't mentioned it it perhaps hadn't got to your neck of the woods, and I didn't want to go through the whole explaining thing. So, when do we get to have a conversation about this? grrrr. God, and to think we wasted breath on that Harry Potter shit.

Stelios said...

Well, we've just opened the hatch, and like Bart Simpson says, it's not interesting anymore after they open the hatch...

OK so we need to talk again - probably after I get back from caving at the weekend, if I go.

Anonymous said...

Afraid you're right. Season 2 just ain't as good - definitely loses focus, too many strands, bad writing meaning characters behaving inconsistently. Still hooked though.