Thursday, February 10, 2005

nesting instinct

So, seeing as I moved house in January, it's about time I got the place sorted out and tidied up. Nesting instinct, and what better nesting instinct than the IKEA nesting instinct?

I forgot to put a little flashing sign saying, "cue: raucous laughter" there where it says January above, because I moved house in January 2004, you see, not 2005. ha bloody ha. So many people giving me a hard time about that it's not so fun. At least K isn't being too tough on me, making her the one who more than others deserves to have the nest.

Nesting instinct, and Ikea, and the fiat cinquecento of doom, then. Didn't tell you about the comedy return from Paloumba two weeks ago... ridiculous short-circuiting meant that if I wanted any of the following to work: headlights, central locking, ventilator fan, I had to have the full beam lights on,but not switched on, no, no, I had to have the little whaddayacallit stick thing pressed towards me, otherwise notihing at all worked. Very good fun trying to turn without taking your hand off the full beam switch, or else risk losing the only source of light you have on the road.

Fixed that by yanking the wires around in the rain in a fit of complete annoyance.

Now we will break all records by trying to jam into the car more Ikea DIY flat furniture than ever before. My current best is two full length BILLY bookcases (60cm variety) plus assorted sundries.

The current plan has me getting three of the buggers in there, plus a few LACK shelves and bookcases and a bunch of GORM shelving too.

Utter chaos. It so totally won't work, it's gotta.

Meanwhile in other news, I have been wondering just how much coffee I need to do any better than bouncing bobcat on the BBC's reaction time test. I have managed the rocketing rabbit only twice.


Hmm. That'a all for now, then. More later.

No comments: